I am sure many of you reading this have all got very fast-paced lifestyles. Often requiring running around most of the day exposing you to the pollution in the air, of which we are sometimes not even aware of.
Studies have shown a link between exposure to air pollution and signs of skin ageing, ranging from hyperpigmentation and fine dehydration lines to a weakened skin structure and increased sensitivity. Research even found that an increase in soot and particles from traffic was associated with 20% more pigmentation spots.
This being said, we are all exposed to harmful air pollution that affects our skin on a daily basis.
Having such a fast-paced lifestyle, I was highly impressed with the new Daily Superfoliant product that Dermalogica launched in March and have been loving it ever since I started using it two months ago.
It has become my evening routine to first cleanse my skin with the Dermalogica special cleansing gel. Then after rinsing, I apply a small amount of the superfoliant powder onto my wet hands that creates a nice foamy paste. I then rub it gently around my face area and rinse off. My face is left feeling fresh and clean with an even skin tone straight after using.
Daily Superfoliant is comprised of ingredients that adsorb pollutants, inhibit adhesion of pollution particles to help preserve the skin’s youthful structure, and offer exceptional resurfacing for softer, smoother skin.
- Activated Binchotan Charcoal Powder derived from Ubame Oak (also referred to as “white charcoal”) attracts and binds itself to impurities in the skin, pulling them out of pores. Microfine particles resurface the skin and draw out particulate matter, as well as excess sebum and other impurities.
- Oryza Sativa (Rice Bran) Extract, derived from rice seeds or husks, contain phytic acid, and when activated with water, enables dual-action chemical and physical exfoliation.
- Enzyme Trio of papain, lipase, and subtilisin dissolve proteins in the skin; deeply cleanse skin while accelerating exfoliation.
- Malic Acid & Lactic Acid exfoliate and resurface for ultra-smooth skin.
- Anti-adherence complex (Red Algae, and Tara Fruit Extract) helps preserve the natural barrier function of the skin by providing a non-occlusive molecular mesh that inhibits penetration and adherence of environmental pollutants.
- Niacinamide provides anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties to prevent adhesion of pollution particles and prevent signs of skin ageing.
I can highly recommend this product to those who live a very fast-paced lifestyle and those concerned with ageing skin conditions. For sensitive skin, apply on alternate days until the skin acclimates.
Daily Superfoliant is packaged in a 75-g bottle retailing for R1 180.00, and will be available at authorised Dermalogica® spas, salons and skin centres nationwide and online on Dermalogica.co.za.
With every new product review I post on Dermalogica, if you are going to try any of the products, I always suggest first visiting any of their spas for a face mapping session. The beauticians will be able to tell you a bit more about the condition of your skin and what would work best for you.
MR LEE FRASER