Dermalogica® has created yet another powerful product to reverse aging around the eye area.
I am in my late 20s right now and am pretty sure many of you can admit that when it comes to this time of your adult life, we really do start taking note of the fine lines and wrinkles we start getting.
Luckily we have an amazing brand out there that takes care of these problems to manage the process of aging.
Introducing Age Reversal Eye Complex from Dermalogica® that now features a new formula that draws on microencapsulation technology and a unique firming complex to address multiple eye area concerns including fine lines and wrinkles, puffiness, dark under-eye circles, and dryness lines.
Researched and developed by The International Dermal Institute (IDI) and part of Dermalogica’s AGE Smart® system, the Age Reversal Eye Complex boasts the following new ingredients and technologies:
- Microencapsulated Retinol 0.1% – Studies have shown that retinol significantly restores the structural integrity of the skin, accelerating cell turnover and renewal, stimulating collagen production, improving epidermal thickness, and increasing elastin biosynthesis. This 0.1% concentration of pure Vitamin A has the power to trigger epidermal cell proliferation while new microencapsulation technology ensures maximum potency, stability and controlled-release delivery deep within the skin layers.
- Microencapsulated Niacinamide – Antioxidant Vitamin B3 controls inflammation, reduces the appearance of dark under-eye circles due to hyperpigmentation, inhibits glycation (the process in which sugar molecules react with proteins such as collagen and produce harmful molecules that weaken skin, resulting in fine lines and wrinkles), and reduces trans-epidermal water loss. Microencapsulation ensures optimal potency and penetration.
- AGE Reversal Firming Complex – This exclusive formula includes:
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 strengthens collagen and firms tissue.
- Hyaluronic Acid hydrates tissues and softens the appearance of wrinkles.
- Dunaliella Salina Extract, an algae extract that stimulates epidermal cell renewal.
- Panthenol/Provitamin B5 stimulates cell regeneration.
The skin around the eye orbit is the thinnest on the human body, and has fewer oil glands than the rest of the face, making the area more susceptible to environmental factors (e.g. UV exposure) that combined with frequent movements like smiling or squinting, lead to fine lines and wrinkles. With the passing of time, facial skin thins more rapidly, and the strength of underlying tissues declines with the loss of elastin and collagen. Common results include puffiness, fatty deposits or bags beneath the eyes, and sagging of the fatty area above the eye-crease, in some cases obscuring the eyelid resulting in a collapsed, fatigued appearance.
Age Reversal Eye Complex helps fortify supporting underlying tissues and refreshes the resilience of surface skin, resulting in a smoother, more responsive skin condition in this fragile area. By speeding up the cell turnover process, stimulating collagen production and thickening the cell layers in this area, skin appears plumper, fuller and smoother, with fewer wrinkles and consistent pigmentation distribution.
To use, apply on alternate nights for the first two weeks as skin builds up a tolerance to the retinol. As skin acclimates, build up to applying nightly. After cleansing, smooth and pat around the eye area, working from the outer corner inward. Pair with Dermalogica’s Overnight Retinol Repair, which draws on 0.5% microencapsulated retinol plus peptides, Vitamin C, and a unique copper complex to reverse multiple signs of ageing on the face, neck, and décolletage.
Age Reversal Eye Complex is available in a 15ml tube for R990.00 at authorised Dermalogica® spas, salons, and skin centres nationwide, and at Dermalogica.co.za
MR LEE FRASER